Monday, June 30, 2008

hostage situation




I have to vent for a second. I know I am the most impatient person in the world, and I have come to terms with that, but I am afraid Urban Outfitters is about to feel my wrath. In early June, I was perusing Urban Outfitters and came across the most fabulous shower curtain that would be perfect for our guest bathroom. I eagerly order my find online and immediately got notification that my order had been processed. To my dismay a few days later I received an automated email from Urban Outfitters that my delightful shower curtain has been placed on backorder until the end of June. Disappointed, I managed to pull myself together and remark my agenda for the anticipated delivery date. On Friday, June 27th, during my normal morning email check, I was excited to see I had an email from UO. When I opened the email the first word I saw was BACKORDER. Panic struck as I quickly scanned the email. This was a low blow...your order has been placed on backorder until August 1st. So, now I am just mad that this piece of fabric with a tree on it can be so hard to produce. To Urban Outfitters I say, I understand you are sometimes at the mercy of your vendors, but let's get real. You obviously have 1 of my beloved shower curtain because you took a picture of it for the website. Can I have that one? If not, let this serve as a warning. Get your act together or you will be struck from my "My Favorite Websites" list!!! Nobody wants that.

No comments: