Sunday, September 26, 2010

Country Living Fair

As a very devout Country Living reader I am surprised that it took me as long as it did to get to the Country Living Fair that is held in Columbus. But, this year my dear friend and fellow follower of Country Living extended the invite to me and so we began our journey. Off we headed up I-71 to Columbus and my little pregnant friend made the 2 hour trip with only one restroom break!

What's a road trip without total junk food for fuel?

We anxiously waited in line for the gates to open...

And off we went to explore!

How much fun to see some of the same exact people I read about in Country Living were live and in person manning their booths!!!! Truly awesome.

We mostly just admired the talents of the crafters and jotted down notes of ideas to try on our own. I came home with a few finds: an official Country Living Fair t-shirt, a delightful purple mason jar (diy project!) and these funny little seeds from India called putka pods that look like little pumpkins that had been scented. The best deal of the day at 3 scoops for $1!

Of course we ended our day with with lunch and the B-E-S-T ham sandwich wrap I've ever eaten. Country Living wouldn't have it any other way other than all together in a cute little boxed lunch.

The day was perfect! The weather was beautiful and even a little chilly. We have made a pact to make this an annual girl's day out. I can't wait to make the trek back to Columbus next year ready to do a little more shopping and soak up some more inspiration.

No comments: