Monday, April 18, 2011

keeping it real...

I sit here in the food court at Tower Place Mall on my lunch break on what could be the eve of meeting my goal weight. With my diet coke, Chick fil a nuggets and fruit cup I wonder what the scale will hold for me tomorrow. With so much stress going on in my life right now, it would be such an honor (for myself of course) to be able to hold the title of Weight Watcher winner.

But.....let's keep it real. This weekend I ate:


2 cupcakes


2 cookies


some of Kate's Easter candy


Do I feel bad? Not really. I probably should, but you know what? Life goes on. I'm not going to deprive myself for the rest of my life from the occasional cookie or cupcake. This weekend just happen to have my "occasional" cupcakes and cookies all in the same weekend! Between Easter celebrations and a super fun baby shower, I splurged a little. I still worked my butt off at Zumba and had plenty of my weekly expenditure points to use. So, keep your fingers crossed that the scale is good to me tomorrow :)


In other news...


I've been worried about actually posting this on the blog or on Facebook, but I might need the extra support if God-forbid something go wrong. On April 9th we met the folks that have decided to rent (and then buy after 2 years) our house. You'd think I'd be jumping for joy, which I am in my brain, but I'm so worried about something going wrong that I've tried to be a little subdued about it. We are scheduled to meet with them this coming Saturday to sign the lease and if all goes well our last day in our house will be April 29th.


You know, it's weird. I've been dreaming of this day for almost 2 years now. We've been praying that someone would love our house as much as we do and now it's actually happening! I've really had little time to sit and think about the magnitude of this new chapter in our life between working, being a mom, getting ready for Easter, birthday and packing up an entire house in 2 weeks time. When I sit down on the couch after a long day of being insanely busy I find myself looking around at the empty walls and piles of boxes and getting a little sad. I know it will be an adjustment to live with my parents again (as it will be an adjustment on them too!) and I also know there are many, MANY more exciting things to come soon. I've got to keep looking to the future but keep all of the memories we've made in our house close to my heart. I worry about Kate and the adjustment and wonder how many times she'll tell me she's ready to go home. I know though that some day she probably won't even remember this house. It will be fun to tell her all about it and reminisce with her on the day we brought her home from the hospital, the memories of her crawling and walking in this house and many other fun times we've had.


So, I'm going to stop now before I lose it at the food court! Our new house is temporarily on hold because we have to have a utility pole moved, which apparently is going to be quite the headache of extra money spent and more time, but it's necessary, so we'll march on. For now, we are headed to my parents' house on the farm to enjoy a few months of relief from a mortgage and enjoy the country fresh air.


I'm sorry I've been so remiss in posting tutorials for K's b-day. That's sort of been put on the back burner as we finish packing up our house. I promise you that Miss Vonnie of Sophia Blue Photography will be doing an AMAZING job photographing the whole party so you won't miss a thing!

Just a little quick pic of Kate. I can't believe my little baby is going to be 2!

Stay tuned.....did I make my goal weight this week? We'll find out tomorrow!

No comments: