Tuesday, April 24, 2012

instagram, how I love thee

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome myself into 2012.  I finally broke down and got an iphone.  Up until last Thursday evening I felt like Carrie in the first Sex and the City movie when she was still rocking her pink flip phone circa 2004.  I love the scene where she is at the library about to get married with that big bird on her head and she's freaking out because Big wasn't there yet and she asks for a phone and Samantha gives Carrie her iphone and she just looks at it and hands it right back to her with "I don't know how to use this thing."  {Thank you for indulging me.  I still love SATC.}

Anyhoo, my contract for my pink flip phone was over so I took the plunge.  Now, I can say, how did I ever get along without it?  The apps, Siri, the music, the camera!  I'm already smitten! 

Given that the iphone 4S camera is 10000000000000 times better than the digital camera we currently own, most of the photos on this blog from here on out will probably be thanks to my phone.  Or until I actually break down and buy a real fancy pants camera. 

I ahhhhhdore Instagram and the vintagy feel it can give to any photo, making it instantly awesome.  You can follow me or find me or whatever you do on there: @leslielm

Also, get ready because the movie producer in me is about to come out.  Remember last year when I said I wanted to get my hands on an 8mm camera and make some classic old school home videos?  Well, it's going to happen!  I downloaded the 8mm app and the imovie app so I can start cranking out some cool home movies too!  I may start this weekend at lil bits birthday party! 

I promised an updated picture of our fireplace and you guessed it, thanks to Instagram, you shall receive!  Plus some other photos I took over the weekend just for fun! 
The chevron faux fireplace

Just a few more days till the paaaarrrtttay!  Getting excited!

The soon to be birthday girl!
Sign we picked up in South Africa.  Right by our front door :)
K's big girl room

Party prep underway!
My mamaw's typewriter
Good morning!

No comments: