Wednesday, December 15, 2010

day 8 - diy ornament bud vase

Such a cute and quick fun DIY project from a crafty little momma, Tasha!

Supplies:

larger size glass or plastic ball ornament
tea cup size plate (any color that coordinates with your ornament)
hot glue gun
fresh or artificial flowers

Step one: remove the top from the ornament Step two: hot glue the ornament to the plate Step three: if you are using fresh flowers, fill the ornament with water and then add and arrange your flowers. If you are using artificial flowers, just add them and arrange and you're done!

Now you have a very unique and very cute flower vase and what a great way to reuse old ornaments!
I couldn't resist trying one of these myself! I changed it up a bit and instead of a flower I opted for a small branch I found in my backyard. I already had this large clear bulb ornament with our monogram etched on it. (Tutorial on glass etching TOMORROW!) Fun paper flowers are fashioned from and old book and a little pink glittery bird finish it off. It looks so cute in Kate's room :)

No comments: